Level 1:- Basic Engine Maintenance
The level 1 course covers basic maintenance of the Jabiru engine over a single day with drinks provided.
Course instructor is Dave Almey (one of only two people in the UK to have attended the full Jabiru engine course in Australia) Dave is an LAA & BGA inspector and Skycraft's chief engine overhaul man.
A minimum of 4 people are required for this course (maximum 5 to give adequate attendant time), you can register your interest by emailing Skycraft Training Courses and we will contact you with proposed dates for the training course.
This course includes but is not limited to:-
50 hour service which includes:-
- Correct selection of spares & lubricants
- Oil leaks, spotting and the causes
- Changing the oil, oil filter, spark plugs, rotor arms and caps
- Checking and setting tappets (solid lifter engines)
- Re-torque cylinder heads
- Checking and setting coil gaps
- Checking coil magnet strength
- Checking and changing carb rubber
- Lifed item servicing and replacement
- Checking propeller alignment and condition
- Checking spinner condition
- Leak down or compression check
Also basic fault finding including:-
- Checking coil electrically
- Checking alternator & voltage regulator
- Checking and changing engine mount rubbers
- Basic carburetor maintenance and adjustment
- Changing exhaust gaskets
- Changing induction rubbers
Along with Need to know SB & MPD issues.
Then any Q&A's
The course is available for £50 + vat per person.